Dear Community Partners,
The Workforce Development Board of Central Ohio and the OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County Job Center are here to help you through this tough time. If 2020 has shown us anything, it’s to come together and support one another- we are stronger together than we are apart.
With many of our hospitality industry workers out of a job due to COVID-19, our Job Center will provide services virtually so that we can assist those who need to access our workshops and other wrap-around services. Although our Job Center will close to the public beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 at 5:00PM, our website (www.omjcfc.org) will provide a library of resources to assist job seekers with locating additional services throughout central Ohio.
While we are taking the necessary precaution to keep our staff and customers safe, we understand the need of providing our services. We are exploring many options on how to uniquely provide services to you. We will continue to communicate our updates via our website, social media and email.
If at any time you have questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 614-559-6051 or email@example.com.
The following are steps we have taken to ensure your safety in our Job Center.
Currently we have:
· Developed signage to encourage common courtesy for our staff and job seekers in the center if they show any signs of illness
· Provided every staff member with a bottle of hand sanitizer and sanitizer wipes at their desk
· Established an increased sanitation protocol for public hard surfaces in the Job Center
o Resource Room keyboards are all wiped down a minimum of 3 times per day
o All hard surfaces are wiped down after each workshop
o All lobby hard surfaces are wiped down a minimum of twice daily
Things that are occurring moving forward:
· Reducing the number of computers available in the Resource Room to encourage proper social distancing
· Reducing the number of seats available in the workshop rooms to encourage proper social distancing of three feet between people
· Building Management is hiring additional cleaning staff to focus on hard surfaces in the building
· Future Rapid Response events and workshops will move to virtual interactions. A link for our virtual workshops will be available on www.omjcfc.org to allow jobseekers access to the material.
In the meantime, the CDC and other qualified health officials should remain your primary sources of current information and guidance. Lastly, if you suspect you may have been exposed to COVID-19 or have been around those who may have been exposed and/or are exhibiting symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider and the local health department. This will help us take precautionary steps to keep others from being exposed. We also have provided additional links to local Health Departments for Columbus & Franklin County.
Additional Resource Links to learn more about COVID-19